To the best sister that I know
I have to admit my jealousy
That you get to tour London and see snow
And have an awesome time in university!
I'm sure Warwick will be tons of partying and fun
But you will study hard and top your classes
Because I'm certain there will be none
As smart and motivated in the masses.
I also pray you won't feel too stressed
Unlike Joan who is whining and grumpy
Always remember you are blessed
So you will have nice skin and not look frumpy
Even though you don't have your own toilet
I'm sure it is no cause for worry
Unless you get dorm mates
Who get gross and drunk and pukey.
I hope you get a hot angmoh boyfriend
Who is sweet and kind and lovely
This is so that I may spend
Time with your kids who will be cute and pudgy
A Singaporean dude works fine too,
Charming and suave I'm sure he will be
Best if he is smart like you
And generous and humorous and funny
I really hope I get to see you in March
9 months is really too long to be apart.
Just to see your face and feel your touch,
I'll save money and work really hard.
We'll have such a great time together then
Wearing nice clothes and taking pictures
I have so many ideas for our UK plan
We'll be such happy creatures
We shall stop by the castle to see the queen
Or ride a carriage in Hyde Park
Pretend we're royalty, beautiful and lean
"How pretty!" people will remark
We will have all the time to smell roses
Go shopping in Primark
and factory outlets till the store closes
Not a moment will be dark
Perhaps we can watch plays and musicals
Have picnics beside the lake
Eating ice cream and popsicles
and tea and cookies and cake
Ahh! doesn't my plan sound pretty grand
So much excitement it does contain
Right now I can't wait for A levels to end
So I can see your face again
The house has been quiet since you've been gone
It does feel quite strange and queer
I feel rather depressed and forlorn
Still hoping you'll miraculously appear
I'm now in charge of marketing
Shopping for veggies too
And I really think I am starting
to be a good sister like you
Calling Marge sexy is the first step
And asking if they will be back for dinner
Helping them prepare sandwiches or a wrap
Or tell Joan she grew thinner
Reuben bought a kg of IKEA meatballs for Joan
as she was craving some and prolly being whiny
I wish I could tell you over the phone
I now officially think him a part of the family (HAHAHAHAH! :D JOAN DON'T KILL ME)
I'm going to study real hard for the next few days
Or months to be specific
Because I think of you and your nerdy ways
Whose results were always terrific
And when I'm finally done with As,
we can chat more over skype
I will judge your 'cute boys' taste
and see who seems more your type.
But underneath this frivolity,
I really can't bear to apart
I hope you know how much you mean to me -
I love you so much sweetheart.
SISTERS' FOREVERRRRR <3 br="br">
3>
PS: ALTERNATE RHYME ISN'T THAT EASY! Even though I cheated and used an excessive amount of 'ing' and 'you/too'. Ha.
PPS: BUT I DO MISS YOU A LOT SWEETHEART <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">
Just to be sure you don't misunderstand though, I'm not depressed and forlorn. HAHA. Just couldn't think of anything else that rhymed with 'Gone'.
Oh oh! And Joan said my poem is too long-winded. NOT GONNA TELL HER SHE GREW THINNER ANYMORE. Hmmph.
3>
No comments:
Post a Comment