Thursday, June 28, 2012

INCREDIBLE INDIA!

There's a reason why India is labelled as Incredible, truly.

Not just because of the alliteration. India is really a place which I would urge you to go and experience for yourself because you go there without expectations but leave with a heart filled with beautiful memories.

Not a heart that leaves you clinging and hollow and empty, desperate for more, but happiness from memories that fills and enriches the soul.

Okay partly because I was fell sick on the last day (air was too polluted) and I needed to come back to study. HAHAHAHA. But I would love to return to India and see the Taj Mahal and explore new places :) I hope the traffic conditions would have improved by then though!


1) We danced EVERYWHERE

Soniya's kissy face.


AT CHILDREN'S HOMES :)
(Okay fine, second picture shows us playing musical chairs and not dancing. We did dance, but I look absolutely HIDEOUS in those shots so I'm not putting it here)

Dancer at a dance class who was nice but extremely presumptuous. HAHAHAH. Kinda reminded me of ms maalika - the way she danced and her facial expressions. Personality as well, hehe.
"WHO KNOWS ME?"
(two or three people out of ~40 raise their hands)
She: *gasps and clasps chest* You don't know me?!?!

Uh, yeah. We don't.


Must pose for the camera >:)

and AT DANCE CLASSES :D Classical dance was FUNFUNFUN!



Dancing at the village was even MORE fun HEHEHEHE >:)
 We learnt the dance at 10+pm the night before in the hotel corridor and made tons of noise and prolly disturbed alotta people. 

And on the second day we went to this exhibition and all of us ran up the stage and followed the male dancers' groovy moves. TOTALLY MY STYLE, I LOVED IT.

We even danced on the stones during a sunset which really made me reflect and be so thankful that I decided to go on this trip. What's a little compromise of one week of studying when experiences like that are irreplaceable? ;)



2) Good food
I have a picture of the food in my camera but i haven't uploaded the photos yet (I'M LAZYYY) and the pictures here are all stolen from facebook.

BUT THE FOOD WAS SO AWESUMZ. I ate an insane amount of naan which also caused me to put on a lot of weight >:/

Oh but I really missed chinese food and on the last day, when we went to a chinese restaurant I SPAMMED food and took over 20 (pretty big) prawns. HAHAHAHAHA.


3) Great company



Really got to know all the Indian Dancers better :) Especially the JH, since I was rooming with Gladis and Wenqi and naturally the other two + shannon infiltrated our room every night haha.

I did crunches and leg lifts nightly (with shannon) to assuage my guilt over the 20000 calories that was piling up daily haha. And we watched fear factor and screamed aloud during a horror show together (proud to say my scream was the softest)

The JH are kinda cute.
Haha here they are trying to imitate my bull pose in light of the stone carvings behind.
Gullible little kiddos hehehe. Meifei's face is PRICELESS >:)

Mr Raven is super duper nice and he got us

this MUG as a surprise gift and it was so unexpected and incredibly sweet :)

When I was done shopping I was chatting to him outside and he asked me what I wanted to do in the future.

I said something to do with public relations and he was like "I think you'll be good at that. I can tell you're a people-person."

HAHA i know it seems insignificant but it made me really happy okay! I mean, he didn't really know me but it was nice of him to be so encouraging.

He took really great care of us throughout the trip along with
the prettyyyy teachers!

They were so understanding and caring throughout and kept harping praises on us even though I didn't think we were that well behaved haha.
YAY WHOLE GROUP.


4) New experiences


At the 7 wonders exhibition being posey. Heheheh.

I'm gonna see the real thing one day :) One of the things on my TO-DO-BEFORE-I-DIE list. Which I just decided I'm going to make.

Super innovative kiddy ride at the beach haha.

Omg the sheer size and precision of the carvings is AMAZING.
It isn't just limited to this. It's a whole cave of carvings.
Humbling, really.


5) Inner strength and love

Proud product of Shannon and Hemaa at Bishop Allen's Home.

Shree's and my little buddy <3

Teaching her how to be more vain poses

CUTE BOIIIIIIII <3 IN LOVE WITH HIS HAIR




Some of these kids are abandoned, or orphans. Whatever the case, I find it heartwarming that they can open their hearts to strangers and love and have a smile on their face that is completely genuine.

There are so many things we need to learn in life.

We think we know everything we need to, but we really haven't got a clue.

6) I MET FAMOUS PEOPLE.

Okay singular. A Famous Person.

Haha he is some renowned music director/creator but of course, I'm not so well acquainted with how POPZ he is, given he writes tamil songs and all.

Apparently he is really really good.

And here's me at the back giving him a somewhat pervy stare as if I'm checking him out HAHA.

I wasn't. Really.


8) DISCOVERED I HAVE CURLY HAIR!!!!


Revelation, revelation baby.

Does not my hair look curly?

If you could allow me to be shameless

and pardon my conceitedness,

I think my hair looks 

kinda pretty.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Omg I AM soooooo shameless.


9) I am blessed with the talent of pottery.

That's me moulding a little clay pot.

Not really, but that is what I would like to believe.

10) I BOUGHT MY SARI!!!! :D 
I've wanted a sari since FOREVER and mine is made of silk and it's black and kinda sheer and I really like it :)

No comments: