Saturday, June 23, 2012

Growing old

Hahahahaha my mummy just revealed she has a group called 'Daughters' in her phone and a standard message saved

'Are you coming home for dinner? Mummy'

SO CUTE :D

At the same time, I cannot help but marvel at how FREAKING OLD we all are now.

From playing together in the playground to primary school to secondary school and all of us are in JC/Uni now :O :O

At least my favourite places remain the same.

1) Lying on mummy's soft tofu arm. 
HAHA. Cause her body skin is reallyyyy smooth and her arms are kinda jiggly and flabby (whoops) and I can hold her arm to my cheek and plant 20 kisses on it and nobody will judge me. PLUS she loves compliments on her smooth skin ;)

2) Daddy's potbelly
HEHE. I'm still mentally my 5 year old self when I go "DADDYYYYYYYYY" in a whiny voice and wrap my arms around his belly and close my eyes. I love to do that when my dad is all dressed up and wearing cologne because

COLOGNE. SMELLS. SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

I've taken to wearing his cologne out instead of perfume. I prefer smelling like a guy.

And it's nice that I can lean on his chest because when I hug mummy (who is one head shorter than me) I feel more like a mother than child. HAHAHAHA.

Parents just offer a sense of protection and mine make me feel so secure. I feel like I'm bundled in a blanket of silk and leaves and love, painstakingly weaved by their own hands. They make me feel like a little kid again and I'm so thankful for my parents - every single day. I'm blessed with the knowledge that they are HERE and that they are incredibly supportive in whatever I do, except when it comes to my shopping habits. [But I ought to be condemned :( Promised myself not to shop for a month but I just bought 5 articles of clothing. SO POOOOOR ALREADY]

God knows raising 4 daughters is not an easy task but my parents have done it so well. I didn't acknowledge them on Mother's Day or Father's Day so pardon my overwhelming flow of love now hahahaha.

I'm amazed at how they did it, seriously. Besides my mum bearing the arduous task of popping out 4 kids in a row (which she claims is the reason why she is fat), they have managed to provide for us and take us on special holidays every year and shower each of us with love and attention. We're not rich (kinda poor in fact haha) but I've never felt DEPRIVED in any way and I know I owe it all to them.

And their parenting style is something I would want to emulate when I have kids of my own (YES I'M TOTALLY GONNA GET MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE). Not bossy and controlling, yet not completely lenient; instilling values and discipline (happened to leave me out of the discipline part though :/) and letting us make and learn from our own mistakes.

I'm proud to say that we have turned out quite well HAHAHA and our pigsty house is usually filled with joy, laughter and midnight heart to heart talks and love. Lots and lots of love <3

No comments: