WOAHHHHHHH.
I've attained a new level of self-discipline!
I didn't eat a kitkat bar the whole day! THIS CALLS FOR CELEBRATION OF MY AMAZING DETERMINATION AND WILL :D *grabs a kitkat*
Ha.
Anyhoos, I've been busy trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life and trying to seek advice from uh, almost everyone.
Hahahaha.
Because I plan ahead and that is a family trait. HAHAHA. When we were young (I was about 12?) we used to sit down together and plan what would happen if our parents died and we were orphans. I still remember part of the plan included selling the house and enlisting the help of our aunt to be our guardian, how we would use the insurance money for investments and work during the holidays.
HAHAHAHAHA WE WERE SUCH AMUSING AND WEIRD KIDS.
/end digression
The idea of taking a gap year realllyyyyyy appeals to me. I have so many things I want to try and explore but 8 months after A levels to uni is definitely not enough.
Journalism/Reporting, tutoring, maybe take a language class (preferably german), play the piano again, go on long holidays, try many different internships, do mission work, read good books, tan at the beach, pick up yoga and
TRY BEING AN AIR STEWARDESS.
Yeah. Personal dream of mine. Hahahahaha. Not so much the clearing of trays (EWW) and tolerating the crying babies (BRATS) but
TRAVELLING TO MANY PLACES. And and
I hope to slide down the inflatable yellow slide if there's an emergency :O :D :D :D
Hehehehe.
PLUSSSSS, there will ALWAYS BE hot ang moh guys on the plane >:)
DON'T TRUST ME?
Well, you should.
Besides, it'll be a mad rush of filling up scholarship/university application forms in the teensy 8 month gap, so technically, 8 months is shrunk to like, 5 months of ACTUAL break.
Which if you think about it carefully, IS REALLY QUITE PATHETIC.
Jean and my parents are against the idea of a gap year though >:( I've been told that my "brain will degenerate", I will "end up wasting (my) time" and that "uni breaks will be enough".
Which is trueeee, but how can I live my life knowing that there are so many things I have yet to try?
Live life without regrets.
Apparently not everyone embraces that. Hahahaha. Okay I'm partly running away from the reality that I'M GROWING UP :O and I'm not gonna be able to skip in the park and frolick and take time to smell the roses.
Not that we grow roses here anyway.
So I might as well be an old woman now.
No comments:
Post a Comment