I think I just got a big fat WAKE UP MARIE slap on my face from Mr Iskandar today.
And I quote "Some of you just don't know what to write. You seem to understand well, but you don't. Especially you, marie. Your essay was damn disappointing"
But you know, sincerely, thank you. Really. I needed that.
Nothing is better than outright humiliation.
Fine, I knew I was going to do super badly when I looked at the question paper. My head was just going like "Bad-four-letter-word. Bad-four-letter-word. Bad-four-letter-word-which-I-don't-write." I also knew I was smoking my way through when writing it. And after the exam, I knew for a fact I got "MONROE DOCTRINE" completely wrong, as Iskandar haughtily informed me while collecting papers since he spent a good ten minutes peering at my paper during the exam.
But it TOTALLY SUCKS
when you disappoint yourself. And I'm not talking about Jean's type of "disappointment" which is getting a B in her record.
Disappointing myself as in,
NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE H3 IF I GET BELOW A C FOR HISTORY.
NOT GRANTED ANYMORE OPPORTUNITIES (TALKS, SCHOLARSHIPS, WHATEVER).
SYMPATHETIC GLANCES FROM PEOPLE.
FEELING OF REGRET BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU COULD HAVE DONE SO MUCH BETTER IF YOU PUT IN MORE EFFORT
And just when I was feeling so grumpy, GP made me even GRUMPIER.
So grumpy I had to eat ice cream.
Okay I now get why ENDORSE cannot be substituted with ADVOCATE, but I STILL CANNOT COMPREHEND why
ENDORSE can then by substituted with CONDONE (Acceptable??? oO)
That is like, ridonkulous X10000000000
The English language can really be SUCH A BITCH >:/
INDIAN DANCE CIP totally made my day though. It was like, grumpyness thrown out of the window :)
I need to breathe in some fresh air and here we go, baby. It's not a 2.4km run, JC life is a marathon.
No comments:
Post a Comment