I'm not a holy person.
Wait, scratch that. I'M A FREAKING UN-HOLY LOSER WHO SPENT TWO DAYS WHINING ABOUT HAVING TO READ FOR GOOD FRIDAY AND EASTER VIGIL.
Because you know, those masses are longgggggggggg.
And they can get boring.
And they are long. Did I say that already?
But man, today I was seriously BLOWN AWAY. When the candles were all lit in the church, the whole atmosphere was like....
indescribable.
As though you could FEEL the presence of God.
So I prayed. Hard. About my decision to not run for this year's ID EXCO.
Mentally listing out why I should run and why I should NOT run was tough. I can't effectively encapsulate WHY though. But I'd try.
Because it's not just about the BENEFITS and DISADVANTAGES here.
Not just about the position.
Not just about letting myself or other people down.
It was about questioning my love for ID and whether or not I would be able to restrain those bossy tendencies when people do things wrongly.
Because then I would have no right to be bossy but those tendencies pop up preeeeettyyy damn frequently.
Yes I'm assuming I would get in if I run. Cannot ah.
But the sad reality is - things don't always go my way, I need my personal space and time and I'm really, really hoping that I'm making the right choice here.
:/
No comments:
Post a Comment