Somehow my title sounds like a primary school essay. Hahahaha.
Well anyhoos, I went to the polyclinic today for the first time in my life.
Because my selfish daddy insisted my problem was a trivial matter that didn't require a $150 trip to joan's dermatologist.
IT WAS CERTAINLY NOT TRIVIAL TO ME. Pouting didn't help this time, so i trooped to the polyclinic alone and waited for a freaking 3 and a half hours.
Oh god.
And i felt so out of place there, with all the old folkies and the (i'm sincerely sorry) old people smell, staring at me. *shudders*
Then i went to see the doctor with acne on his chin. Not a good sign.
And okay here's why i had to see the doctor. I had an allergic reaction to a shaving cream and my armpit (or underarm as i said in an attempt to sound less crude) was red.
There. I said it. And i'm still embarrassed.
Do you know how freaking weird it is to have a guy (even if he was a doctor) touch your armpit???? So here's my advice: DON'T BE A DOCTOR. Unless you don't mind spending your day looking at people's armpits (at least i shaved) or hearing old people say they threw up.
I still have the goosebumps.
I was quickly sent out to collect my rash medicine. And here was the entire bill: $5.80.
Woah. I totally got a shock. HOW CAN IT COST LESS THAN 20 BUCKS TO SEE A DOCTOR???
And although i totally wasted my time waiting at the polyclinic, i started to feel guilty for wasting those old folkies time. Those that were genuinely poor and needed the government subsidy.
And that i totally deserved those stares.
And that my daddy should pay me for my time wasted. My three and a half hours cost at least $20 bucks.
Hey, going to the dermatologist would have cost so much more! My mummy nodded her head in agreement. That is how i became twenty bucks richer and inflicted with a permanent phobia of polyclinics.
The end.
(On a random note, i totally miss writing primary school compositions. Mine used to be pretty kickass. Heehee. Not kidding.)
(On a random-mer note, I think i just freaked out any guy who read this post)
No comments:
Post a Comment