Friday, September 28, 2012

Mother Marie

VERY RELIEVED THAT THE FOLKIES ARE COMING BACK ON MONDAY :D

I have made a total of 6 trips to NTUC since they left and lugged back more eggs, pumpkin, spinach and broccoli than I ever thought possible for a 17 year old.

The food depletes at an amazinggg pace! I think my maid eats like a giant lady.

Anyway, I feel like I have been transformed to this forty year old housewife overnight. I should change my name to Mother Marie or something.

Oh wait, that's for nuns right?

Okay, Marie the Housewife.
Except I have no husband and I still have to study for As because no one is gonna fund my shopping otherwise.

Joan really shouldn't be the eldest kid. One would think the older sibling would possess some motherly instincts and would bother to care for marge and me but NO,

all Joan cares about is how stressed she is and blaming me when the food supply runs low. SO ANNOYED BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T EVEN GET ANYTHING FROM NTUC THIS WHOLE TIME AND SHE GOES

*Annoyed face* THERE ARE NO FRUITS IN THE HOUSE? I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU JUST WENT TO NTUC?!?!

Woman, I have A levels to worry about >:(

Marketing was kinda enjoyable the first time and I felt very housewife-ish and proud of myself. Like

EVERYBODAYEEE LOOK AT ME! TOTALLY QUALIFIED TO MARRY.

Even though I spent such a longgggg time looking for the carrots and didn't know how to choose turnips or sweet potatoes.

I used to spend an hour in NTUC deciding which chips to get. It was a very careful weighing of the calories, cost and taste. Doritos, Lays, Ruffles or Calbeeeee????? Of course, I would be so tempted to get all because each of them is special in their own way so I could NEVER decide which to get. Being indecisive is a bad thing :/

Same thing now, except I'm dealing with broccoli. Geez, my life is so awesome.

To be fair to Marge, she can't help with grocery shopping because she has promos now and is at least more appreciative than Joan.

Must also mention a very hilarious story.

Joan: *eating broccoli* Wow, Australian broccoli really tastes a lot better.

Me: Really?

Joan: Yeah it's so much sweeter.

Me: Hmm totallyyyy! Because you're eating China broccoli right now HAHAHAHAHA.

We finished the australian broccoli long ago.

Okay, am excited for mummy and daddy to come home with the few kg of chocolate daddy said they bought and take over the marketing duties again so I can become

Nerdy Marie

once more. Or maybe I was never Nerdy Marie, but I kinda like the title so I shall stick to it!

2 comments:

joan said...

You left out the part where i OFFERED to buy fruits cos i was at ntuc! hmmph!

MARIE! said...

Too long lah. I also left out the part where I TOLD you that there were only 3 kiwis left but you conveniently didn't hear that and only bought your hello pandas