Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why I cannot succeed

At 11 plus I will always start nodding off because I require A LOT of sleep in order for my brain to function the next day. And to look slightly presentable (smaller eyebags and less pimples).

Mummy illustrated the disparity between me and Joan perfectly at the dinner table.

It began when I proclaimed that I was stressed and prolly gonna fail prelims and Joan said I have been lazing around for too long, because when I'm at home I'm perpetually talking and not studying :/

Me "EXCUSE ME IF IT'S NOT IN MY NATURE TO BE HARDWORKING"

Joan "Excuses excuses. That's what all lazy people say."

Me "That's what all HARDWORKING people think lazy people say. But that's their problem. Because people like you keep striving for some unattainable goal, you will find yourself perpetually stressed. And at the end of the day, what fun is there in living?"

Mummy "This is the difference between you and Joan. When I told Joan to go and sleep last time (during her A level year) she'll be so angry. "I STILL NEED TO FINISH STUDYING THIS, HOW CAN I SLEEP NOW?" But when I tell Therese to go and sleep, she'll be like "Really? You're the best mummy in the world!" and quickly run off to sleep.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Couldn't agree more.

Always choosing sleeping over studying :/ Totally explains why I'm a failure in life. But a less pimply failure in life.

No comments: