Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tuition moving out

My mum and dad finally decided to move the tuition out of the house. No actually, HDB came cause a parent complained about us operating a business (sorta) in the house which is illegal (whoops) so technically, my parents are EVICTED.

Not really, just the tuition part.

For starters, four of us are pretty pleased. It means one room vacated and NO PARENTS/TUITION KIDS WALKING IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE DAILY.

It really sucks cause there is zero privacy and the tuition kids are so unhygienic sometimes. SOME DON'T EVEN WASH THEIR HANDS AFTER THEY PEE! >:(

We (4 of us) have been tolerating it for YEARSSSS but I think it is high time the tuition gets out of the house anyway. It's disruptive, irritating and I honestly don't know how we have managed with it for so many years.

Anyhoos, my mum has been incessantly whining about the prospect of walking over to the new place to teach. According to her, she will get wrinkles because she will be under the sun and the horrid UV rays will penetrate her skin.

Not to mention, the new tuition centre room is a *gasp* FIVE MINUTE WALK AWAY FROM OUR HOUSE -.-

So her self-pitying was tolerable for a while, since her day consists of 5 extra naps on her bed between classes (no such thing at the new place), but after some time, I was slightly annoyed.


Me: Okay, I think you shouldn't whine anymore. What's wrong with walking 5 minutes????

Mummy: It's not the walking! It's so troublesome. And I will be under the sun. I need to buy a hat and big umbrella.

Me: For 4 whole years, Joan, Jean and I have taken more than an hour to get to school. I think you're very lucky in comparison.

Mummy: BUT I HAVE GIVEN BIRTH TO FOUR CHILDREN!

Me: Uh... I don't see the link.

Mummy:  I DON'T DESERVE TO WALK IN MY OLD AGE.

That's the problem when your mum has four kids :/

No comments: