Thursday, April 5, 2012

Death

is not something I typically ponder about.

I do, sometimes. I wonder if I'm going to die of cancer, old age or a car accident. I wonder if I would be in pain and suffering or surrounded by the people I love. I wonder if I would look young or ugly. I often think about what I should wear to die (after being influenced by shows like ghost whisperer where the dead always happen to wear the outfit they did when they died) and the photo on my obituary.

Y'know, the superficial stuff.

But seriously,

WHAT IF I DIED TOMORROW?

There's this quote in the bible (don't mean to sound all holymoly) that says something like you don't know what tomorrow will bring. Instead of saying "Tomorrow I will...", you must say "If it is God's will to let me live till tomorrow, I will...."

And isn't that true?

How many people can honestly say if they die tomorrow they would have lived without regrets? :/

You should read this article http://www.inspirationandchai.com/Regrets-of-the-Dying.html

It is soooo true. Really, what is the point of constantly pursuing wealth/success/status when it becomes meaningless after you die?

My motto in life is always TO BE HAPPY.

My second motto is to lose weight.

That's not the point.

Some might scoff and say that having a motto like that is merely a cheap and easy excuse to be lazy and take the shortcut way out in life.

I'm not advocating SHAPING your life around the "If I die tomorrow" motto (and really using it as an excuse to be lazy), but rather, living life without regrets.

Don't focus so much on attaining what you believe is most important NOW and end up hating you life. So many people do that.


Always strive for the best, but always try to be happy :)

My aunt/mum's cousin just passed away. It seems so unreal still because just over two months ago, she came over to my place with kueh lapis and biscuits and she didn't seem so ill.

Yes, her cancer had come back and she had lost weight but I never expected it to be so...fast.

It's a reminder of how life is so short and how we need to treasure every moment and the people around us.

And I pray Aunty Irene will be at peace with God and I thank her for reminding me what Life really means. It is about bringing joy to the people around you.

No comments: